Spine World Team
If you have not signed up yet it's a chance to sign up now, and help us to BRING BACK SPINEWORLD.. Smile

From The SpineWorld Team: Admin~XxJimmysxX~Xristoc
Spine World Team
If you have not signed up yet it's a chance to sign up now, and help us to BRING BACK SPINEWORLD.. Smile

From The SpineWorld Team: Admin~XxJimmysxX~Xristoc
Spine World Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spine World Team

WE WANT SPINEWORLD BACK..JOIN MY FORUM AND HELP TO BRING SPINEWORLD BACK!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

spine world revolution

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jamalwolf

jamalwolf

spine world revolution Empty
PostSubject: spine world revolution   spine world revolution I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 11:15 am

i have an idea that we make a online revolution to forced playdo remake spine world ...... who with me ???
Back to top Go down
jamalwolf

jamalwolf

PostSubject: Re: spine world revolution   spine world revolution I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 4:24 pm

come ON EVERY BODY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! send emails.. make facebook pages ... don't stop until we have spineworld send email to playdo but aolne i cant make it back i need you guys .... if you like spineworld join me and we will BRING SPINEWORLD BACK!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
jamalwolf

jamalwolf

PostSubject: Re: spine world revolution   spine world revolution I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 5:10 pm

join my new page (Spineworld revolution) on facebook and we will make it
Back to top Go down
Trave

Trave

PostSubject: Re: spine world revolution   spine world revolution I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 10:11 am

People have tried pressuring Playdo before, but they never really succeed in accomplishing anything. It was officially stated years ago that Spineworld would not be brought back, and as one of the leaders of the whole 'bring it back' movement, I can confirm that this is true.

There are just too many barriers in the way for this game to return. Apart from its high maintenance cost and all sorts of very complicated legal matters, there's just a general lack of interest from the people who have the power to revive Spineworld.

I think it's safe to say that the game is dead and will stay dead. Playdo won't bring it back, and I don't intend to finish my recreation. Unless someone else takes up the reins, Spineworld will remain a game of the past.

On the bright side, there is a Spineworld-inspired game in development called Spirea, which I am doing some graphics for. It's looking good so far, and if all goes well we will have something similar to Spineworld before too long. If you have any questions about this project, you can either contact me or Hunter, the guy in charge of its development.
Back to top Go down
MuslimKid

PostSubject: Re: spine world revolution   spine world revolution I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 12:07 pm

Trave wrote:
People have tried pressuring Playdo before, but they never really succeed in accomplishing anything. It was officially stated years ago that Spineworld would not be brought back, and as one of the leaders of the whole 'bring it back' movement, I can confirm that this is true.

There are just too many barriers in the way for this game to return. Apart from its high maintenance cost and all sorts of very complicated legal matters, there's just a general lack of interest from the people who have the power to revive Spineworld.

I think it's safe to say that the game is dead and will stay dead. Playdo won't bring it back, and I don't intend to finish my recreation. Unless someone else takes up the reins, Spineworld will remain a game of the past.

On the bright side, there is a Spineworld-inspired game in development called Spirea, which I am doing some graphics for. It's looking good so far, and if all goes well we will have something similar to Spineworld before too long. If you have any questions about this project, you can either contact me or Hunter, the guy in charge of its development.

Is there any Facebook page, Website or Forum or anywhere else where I can follow the process of Spirea?
Back to top Go down
Trave

Trave

PostSubject: Re: spine world revolution   spine world revolution I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 10:37 am

There's no specific place dedicated to providing updates on Spirea, but I think we could definitely get a development blog going pretty easily. I'll ask Hunter.

For now, you can check out Hunter's Facebook profile. He posts statuses related to Spirea occasionally.
Back to top Go down
jamalwolf

jamalwolf

PostSubject: Re: spine world revolution   spine world revolution I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 3:43 pm

i thing no one can make a game like spineworld , the music , the graphic , the characters ... but Spirea seems a good idea If it is impossible to see spineworld again , You should make official facebook page To know the latest news and updates , If you need help I'm ready man.
Back to top Go down
Trave

Trave

PostSubject: Re: spine world revolution   spine world revolution I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 10:46 am

Spirea is inspired by Spineworld, so we're going for a similar overall feel. This includes art, music, and gameplay.

I've spoken to Hunter about making a Facebook page, and he said he wants to start one eventually. So be on the lookout for that!
Back to top Go down
jamalwolf

jamalwolf

PostSubject: Re: spine world revolution   spine world revolution I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 6:39 pm

did you have any screenshot of the game???!
Back to top Go down
Trave

Trave

PostSubject: Re: spine world revolution   spine world revolution I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 12:00 am

Unfortunately I can't share too much right now, but here are a couple of images to show you the general art style of the game.

Work-in-progress area:
spine world revolution Cloudb11

Work-in-progress character:
spine world revolution Cloudb12

I know it's not much, but it's the best I can do for now. As you can see, we're working pretty hard to recreate Spineworld's general art style. I'll be able to post more pictures in coming days/weeks, perhaps followed by some music samples.

I do know that Hunter is hoping to get an alpha out as soon as possible, so perhaps an early version of the game will be available for you guys to play before too long.
Back to top Go down
jamalwolf

jamalwolf

PostSubject: NICE!!!!   spine world revolution I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 5:39 pm

seems good to me keep going !!!! can i share this news on my facebook page ????
Back to top Go down
Trave

Trave

PostSubject: Re: spine world revolution   spine world revolution I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 9:36 pm

Thanks! You're welcome to share anything from these forums on Facebook.
Back to top Go down
Indulgentu

PostSubject: Re: spine world revolution   spine world revolution I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 12:10 pm

Trave wrote:

Playdo is dead itself as a whole. They have a new game currently outgoing beta stages called FriendBase (https://apps.facebook.com/friendbasechat). They told me once on Facebook (Yes, I managed to contact Andreas) that if their current game gets enough positive feedbacks and support (monetary support too) they would try to buy the SpineWorld game files back from the Chinese company they sold everything to.

All in all, I am thinking of bringing back the "SpineWorld recreation forums". What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
MuslimKid

PostSubject: Re: spine world revolution   spine world revolution I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 2:22 am

Indulgentu wrote:
Trave wrote:

Playdo is dead itself as a whole. They have a new game currently outgoing beta stages called FriendBase (https://apps.facebook.com/friendbasechat). They told me once on Facebook (Yes, I managed to contact Andreas) that if their current game gets enough positive feedbacks and support (monetary support too) they would try to buy the SpineWorld game files back from the Chinese company they sold everything to.

All in all, I am thinking of bringing back the "SpineWorld recreation forums". What do you guys think?

Playdo did not make Friendbase a company called Palderio AB did.
Back to top Go down
Trave

Trave

PostSubject: Re: spine world revolution   spine world revolution I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 2:23 am

Many people have been able to contact Andreas, and from what I've been told it sounds like he said Spineworld is largely owned by a number of shareholders now. Also, as far as I know he developed FriendBase mostly or entirely on his own.

The community responded very negatively to the way the forums were abruptly closed before, and  before any efforts are made to revive it, I think at least a full explanation of what happened should be given. I am, however, not sure what a second forum would achieve at this point. My recreation has been cancelled, and we never did manage to find any Spineworld files online, so unless someone else decides to give it a shot, nothing is going to happen. It seems to me that the community is mostly dead at this point, though, so I'm kind of doubtful that any significant effort can be made.

Spirea is the closest thing we have to a Spineworld recreation right now, and I believe it has the potential to be an even better game. A site for it has been in development for a little while, and an alpha should be released pretty soon. Personally, I'm very excited for its release, and I think that what's left of the community will be pleased with our effort.
Back to top Go down
Indulgentu

PostSubject: Re: spine world revolution   spine world revolution I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 10:37 am

MuslimKid wrote:
Indulgentu wrote:
Trave wrote:

Playdo did not make Friendbase a company called Palderio AB did.
Palderio IS PlayDo. They released the game under a new name, the most likely cause would be that they sold the entire company to that Chinese company, so yea.
Back to top Go down
MuslimKid

PostSubject: Re: spine world revolution   spine world revolution I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 8:12 am

So what did the Chinese company do with the company? And do you know what the Chinese company is called?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: spine world revolution   spine world revolution I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

spine world revolution
Page 1 of 1