Spine World Team
If you have not signed up yet it's a chance to sign up now, and help us to BRING BACK SPINEWORLD.. Smile

From The SpineWorld Team: Admin~XxJimmysxX~Xristoc
Spine World Team
If you have not signed up yet it's a chance to sign up now, and help us to BRING BACK SPINEWORLD.. Smile

From The SpineWorld Team: Admin~XxJimmysxX~Xristoc
Spine World Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spine World Team

WE WANT SPINEWORLD BACK..JOIN MY FORUM AND HELP TO BRING SPINEWORLD BACK!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I'm making a game like Spineworld

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gargaraya

Gargaraya

I'm making a game like Spineworld Empty
PostSubject: I'm making a game like Spineworld   I'm making a game like Spineworld I_icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 10:50 pm

I too was very angry when Spineworld was closed, like most of us here. Out of my nostalgia and general void in my video game satisfaction levels I have decided to remake Spineworld. Not exactly though, I'm making something like it. Same (general) art style, same (general) music, and the same game mechanics. You'll eventually see the similar minigames and features show up during the development period.

I've looked around the forums, and I'm going to answer some questions I saw for Spirea, so you don't have to ask them again.

How do I know this project isn't just going to become a flop?
Honestly, there is no promise. If I push myself to get a good start I can usually power through. At least that's how all of my other projects have been in the past.

Will there be memberships?
Yes, however the game will NOT be a pay to win (not like you can really win in a game like this Razz). I would go into all of the technical details but I'll just explain it simply: The website costs money, hiring staff costs money, paying for the servers costs money, the music costs money, and the art costs money. Basically everything costs money. Memberships will be cheap, and non members will be able to use most of the features.

Linux, Mac, and Windows?
Should be compatible for all three, I'm still picking a language to develop it in and all of my current choices are multi OS.

Will you be using the Spineworld art?
I don't plan on getting sued. I will probably do the art myself until I have a good little demo for a kickstarter, then I'll hire some professionals to do it.

If you want to check out the website for it I've provided the link below. There are also forums, check the site often for blog posts if you want to stay ontop of the current news and even test the game from time to time. Also join the forums if you want, you'll get to talk to the developers and maybe suggest some features or get beta access.

skyrunn.com
Back to top Go down
http://skyrunn.com/
Alvislo

Alvislo

PostSubject: Re: I'm making a game like Spineworld   I'm making a game like Spineworld I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 4:42 am

Gargaraya wrote:
I too was very angry when Spineworld was closed, like most of us here. Out of my nostalgia and general void in my video game satisfaction levels I have decided to remake Spineworld. Not exactly though, I'm making something like it. Same (general) art style, same (general) music, and the same game mechanics. You'll eventually see the similar minigames and features show up during the development period.

I've looked around the forums, and I'm going to answer some questions I saw for Spirea, so you don't have to ask them again.

How do I know this project isn't just going to become a flop?
Honestly, there is no promise. If I push myself to get a good start I can usually power through. At least that's how all of my other projects have been in the past.

Will there be memberships?
Yes, however the game will NOT be a pay to win (not like you can really win in a game like this Razz). I would go into all of the technical details but I'll just explain it simply: The website costs money, hiring staff costs money, paying for the servers costs money, the music costs money, and the art costs money. Basically everything costs money. Memberships will be cheap, and non members will be able to use most of the features.

Linux, Mac, and Windows?
Should be compatible for all three, I'm still picking a language to develop it in and all of my current choices are multi OS.

Will you be using the Spineworld art?
I don't plan on getting sued. I will probably do the art myself until I have a good little demo for a kickstarter, then I'll hire some professionals to do it.

If you want to check out the website for it I've provided the link below. There are also forums, check the site often for blog posts if you want to stay ontop of the current news and even test the game from time to time. Also join the forums if you want, you'll get to talk to the developers and maybe suggest some features or get beta access.

skyrunn.com

The website isn't working, mate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.transformice.com
michael56790

michael56790

PostSubject: not working.   I'm making a game like Spineworld I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 5:19 am

Hey the website isnt working... But It says expected price on basement ninja will be 8$? will we have to pay? :3 Very Happy  but keep up the good work
Back to top Go down
michael56790

michael56790

PostSubject: not working.   I'm making a game like Spineworld I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 5:21 am

Hey the website isnt working... But It says expected price on basement ninja will be 8$? will we have to pay?  :3 Very Happy  but keep up the good work
Back to top Go down
KoolJake3211

KoolJake3211

PostSubject: Re: I'm making a game like Spineworld   I'm making a game like Spineworld I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 5:04 pm

The site is not working...
do you have another place where I can follow the process of Spirea?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCql8m11FheuALW1nn0oRbNw
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm making a game like Spineworld   I'm making a game like Spineworld I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm making a game like Spineworld
Page 1 of 1