Spine World Team
If you have not signed up yet it's a chance to sign up now, and help us to BRING BACK SPINEWORLD.. Smile

From The SpineWorld Team: Admin~XxJimmysxX~Xristoc
Spine World Team
If you have not signed up yet it's a chance to sign up now, and help us to BRING BACK SPINEWORLD.. Smile

From The SpineWorld Team: Admin~XxJimmysxX~Xristoc
Spine World Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spine World Team

WE WANT SPINEWORLD BACK..JOIN MY FORUM AND HELP TO BRING SPINEWORLD BACK!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Remaking Spineworld

Go down 
+73
PsYcHoMeCkA
MuslimKid
MaouKami
Sally1520
Jackeloko
sneakingoutatnight
CaptainSkittles
bluhbunny
Loverofcatss
Jackthekiller
Godling
saurav1999
Katsumina
RasaBerryPie
onlyclouds
demonrose6
TastyPony
famerdave
SAGITTARIO
Dragon Minitor
Rixiu
Shottsye
hantoby
Spineworld_lover
Kooky D
marko567
rex3445657
beastylex
Princess213
cattygirl1
imissspine
HermioneXDXD
santhosh
MaxmelleXD
Foxling
Truffles_fan
jg7183
skljbsf
trucblabla
RosieRose8D
Lightning380
kwnina
lordgegi
john4366
Indulgentu
Chocolla
SuperBluey2749
Zaisha15
The_hiDDeN
cococatz
susu123
`°º¤ø♥Sara_Forever♥¨°º¤ø„
cozar
Zaisha212
Jaryd
InkyZap38
guhan555
thisismausername123
scott-the-brave
StarLightMoonLight
FinalFantasy981
chrizo
Kristy :D
RobertTheLizard
denispok123
Sonia14
OwKae
RuskinBond
Meow_iEatC00kie
ThisGuy
ketchupmuffinz
VixxenEyez
Trave
77 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Trave

Trave

Remaking Spineworld Empty
PostSubject: Remaking Spineworld   Remaking Spineworld I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 2:09 pm

Remaking Spineworld Sig11

There is a lot of nostalgia tied together with my memory of Spineworld. I used to be an active player a few years ago and it is probably one of the best games I have ever played. I think that it's time to bring it back.

As of this moment, I am working on a remake of Spineworld. It might take a while, I might not finish it, I might not even make anything playable, but I will certainly try.

My objective is to recreate Spineworld's gameplay as closely as possible. This means that I want to have the same quests, same names, same maps, same everything. This is where I need your help. I need pictures, diagrams, videos or anything of the original game. If you can create a map of part of the world - great! If you remember the names of certain characters - tell me! If you have any pictures of the Spineworld maps and rooms, send them to me as soon as possible!

I really want to make this happen. Any help at all is greatly appreciated, and I hope this will work! I'll update this post whenever I have something to post, so be sure to check back regularly.

Update 1:

Quote :

Currently Working On: Chat box/fixing multiplayer glitches

Next Objective: Character Customization.

Next Release: Unknown.

[Last Updated on August 14, 2012.]

Current Features:

NEW! A Spineworld Team chat! Click here to visit it!

Download:

-Trave

Last edited by Trave on Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:05 pm; edited 29 times in total
Back to top Go down
VixxenEyez

VixxenEyez

PostSubject: Is this for real?!!   Remaking Spineworld I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 10:21 pm

OMG!!! How are you doing this?! I hope it works. As for the help you requested, spineworld has a wiki page that explains quests, gives brief descriptions of characters, etc... And theres several videos on youtube of people on spineworld doing random things. Trusty Google has a myriad of pictures of SW as well. I hope that helps!!! Smile sunny
Back to top Go down
Trave

Trave

PostSubject: Re: Remaking Spineworld   Remaking Spineworld I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 11:55 am

I haven't really done too much work on this so far. It's a pretty complicated project, and I really want to make it as close to the original game as I can. Once I finish the Cloud Garden, I'll put up a download link for it. I'll update the link to the newest version whenever I have one out.
Back to top Go down
ketchupmuffinz

PostSubject: Re: Remaking Spineworld   Remaking Spineworld I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 3:05 pm

Thx dude i really apreciate you trying to bring it back. I hate migoland and i miss all the quests in spineworld. lol! Laughing Razz afro
Back to top Go down
ThisGuy

PostSubject: Re: Remaking Spineworld   Remaking Spineworld I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 9:04 am

It's hard to believe the people at Playdo would actually get rid of it. Sure there are free games with better 3D graphics and such, but Spineworld was still better, it had beautiful enviroments, and the art style was to die for. Because with Migo Land, it looks overly childish, no cool areas on the map, and, when they say that it's a free online game, they are being extremely dishonest. Sure it's free, for only a month. So I hope that you succeed, and keep at it! Arrow
Back to top Go down
Meow_iEatC00kie

PostSubject: Re: Remaking Spineworld   Remaking Spineworld I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 8:54 pm

I haven't played Spineworld, but I really want to. Btw, this is awesome! I would like to see what Spineworld is about, even if it's not the real version. Thanks! cheers
Back to top Go down
Trave

Trave

PostSubject: Update on Progress   Remaking Spineworld I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 6:29 am

Well, I've made some progress since the last update. I'm currently on vacation so I won't be able to work on this for about another week (unless I get some art stuff done). I'm going to try my best to get this thing out by the end of the summer, and maybe I'll manage to get a 24/7 server up and running.

The main things I've accomplished so far:

• Walking around (no walking animation yet, though)
  • Bumping into walls, statues, and other objects.
  • Turning around

I'm hoping to get some quests up sometime soon, and maybe I'll finally release a beta.
Back to top Go down
ketchupmuffinz

PostSubject: Re: Remaking Spineworld   Remaking Spineworld I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 9:10 am

Anybody that can do this and help i really apriciatge it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! could u post when u think ittll be done i wanna play SPINE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol! cheers
Back to top Go down
Trave

Trave

PostSubject: Re: Remaking Spineworld   Remaking Spineworld I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 10:10 am

Hopefully, I'll be able to get something out on Wednesday or Thursday. It might be a little sooner or later than that though.
Back to top Go down
RuskinBond

PostSubject: New to Migoland and want to know about Spineworld   Remaking Spineworld I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 9:24 am

I am new to Migoland and I have heard a lot of comments about Spineworld. They all were good comments but i wanted to what is Spine World like? scratch So guys I am going to help you in bringing back Spine World as i am impatient to know about it! Guys I am also ready to spoil a little bit of Migoland so that many people come here! Evil or Very Mad I will try to do my best guys and you all keep telling me about Spine World please!!!!!!!!!!!
Very Happy Smile Cool jocolor geek tongue pirat
Back to top Go down
Meow_iEatC00kie

PostSubject: Re: Remaking Spineworld   Remaking Spineworld I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 2:26 am

Trave wrote:
Well, I've made some progress since the last update. I'm currently on vacation so I won't be able to work on this for about another week (unless I get some art stuff done). I'm going to try my best to get this thing out by the end of the summer, and maybe I'll manage to get a 24/7 server up and running.

The main things I've accomplished so far:

• Walking around (no walking animation yet, though)
  • Bumping into walls, statues, and other objects.
  • Turning around

I'm hoping to get some quests up sometime soon, and maybe I'll finally release a beta.

awesome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Trave

Trave

PostSubject: Re: Remaking Spineworld   Remaking Spineworld I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 4:29 am

It's a somewhat complicated process. I'm having trouble deciding what to do first, and what to do last. I've mainly been working on the gameplay so far, but it requires coding for every single bench, tree, statue, etc. I can move on to making the world bigger and making the quests, but then there will probably be a lot of movement glitches and stuff.

I'm going to do whatever it takes to get a Beta out on Wednesday or Thursday, but no guarantees that it'll be anything special.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: Perhaps I'm doing this a bit wrong...

I made a lot of progress today, but I didn't focus on the most unstable area: moving around. That's for tomorrow I guess.

Today's results:

• Added Salvador Bongo.
  • Added most of the buttons at the bottom of the screen.
  • Started making the chat bar.
  • Added background music.

Here's what I want to do next (before I release the first version, hopefully):

• Add at least some walking animation. The character just slides around at the moment.
  • Add various sounds (walking, for example).
  • Finish the Cloud Garden.
  • Finish Zorof's shop.
  • Add the Cloud Plaza.
  • Finish up the first quest.

I think I'll start updating the first post with information on what I'm currently working on and what I'm going to do next. There is pretty much nothing to do in the game right now, but that might change by the second release.
Back to top Go down
OwKae

OwKae

PostSubject: Re: Remaking Spineworld   Remaking Spineworld I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 1:07 am

Trave wrote:
It's a somewhat complicated process. I'm having trouble deciding what to do first, and what to do last. I've mainly been working on the gameplay so far, but it requires coding for every single bench, tree, statue, etc. I can move on to making the world bigger and making the quests, but then there will probably be a lot of movement glitches and stuff.

I'm going to do whatever it takes to get a Beta out on Wednesday or Thursday, but no guarantees that it'll be anything special.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: Perhaps I'm doing this a bit wrong...

I made a lot of progress today, but I didn't focus on the most unstable area: moving around. That's for tomorrow I guess.

Today's results:

• Added Salvador Bongo.
  • Added most of the buttons at the bottom of the screen.
  • Started making the chat bar.
  • Added background music.

Here's what I want to do next (before I release the first version, hopefully):

• Add at least some walking animation. The character just slides around at the moment.
  • Add various sounds (walking, for example).
  • Finish the Cloud Garden.
  • Finish Zorof's shop.
  • Add the Cloud Plaza.
  • Finish up the first quest.

I think I'll start updating the first post with information on what I'm currently working on and what I'm going to do next. There is pretty much nothing to do in the game right now, but that might change by the second release.
How do you make these?What program do you use?
I really want to help so please tell me what program did you use!
Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Trave

Trave

PostSubject: Re: Remaking Spineworld   Remaking Spineworld I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 1:59 am

I use a number of programs and programming languages to do this.

Most of the actual game is coded with Java, and then I convert it to C++ to make an actual playable file. While I appreciate the offers of help, it's a little bit hard to collaborate with something like this. The game files change all the time because I work on them, so to work together we'd have to send files back and forth about twenty times a day.

So far, the kind of help I need is in finding pictures of all the different areas. I don't really look around for pictures that much right now. I mostly use a couple from the Spineworld wiki, but they're not exactly enough.

Here are a couple that I need help with:

Cloud Plaza - I need a picture that shows more of the area. There's some stuff missin from the top and from the left.

Sky Terrace - Same thing here. I need pictures that show the left and bottom sides of the area.

If anyone could help me find better pictures, I'll be extremely grateful (and will credit you in the game).

EDIT: What's really annoying is that in most of the pictures you can see other players. I have to erase them pixel by pixel, which is pretty time consuming.
Back to top Go down
Trave

Trave

PostSubject: Spineworld Remake - Version 0.1   Remaking Spineworld I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 5:34 am

Spineworld Remake - Version 0.1

There's practically nothing to do in this version, but I thought that it was high time to release something. And the music is nice in any case.

Controls:

Arrow keys to walk around.

Get close to Salvador Bongo and click on him to make him say something.

"R" to restart the game.

Numbers 1 and 0 to turn smiley on and off.

DOWNLOAD - 4.35 MB

Please tell me about any bugs or glitches you find. I know there are a lot.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next version will hopefully be a big improvement. Here's what I want to do by the next release:

• Complete at least three more areas.
  • Add at least one quest (Lucky Charm).
  • Make it possible to actually talk to the NPCs.

And here are the main things I want to add eventually but won't be finished any time soon.
  • Multiplayer.
  • Chatting with other people.

Last edited by Trave on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OwKae

OwKae

PostSubject: Re: Remaking Spineworld   Remaking Spineworld I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 1:02 pm

I have a question.....will the game have the membership mode?...because I dont think its a good idea!

Anyway do you need something? Very Happy I can help you! Wink
Back to top Go down
Trave

Trave

PostSubject: Re: Remaking Spineworld   Remaking Spineworld I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 1:04 pm

Nope, I won't be adding membership. I may add member features, but they'll be completely free.

Last edited by Trave on Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
OwKae

OwKae

PostSubject: Re: Remaking Spineworld   Remaking Spineworld I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 1:05 pm

k thx for the answer!...do you need any photos or something like that?
Back to top Go down
Trave

Trave

PostSubject: Re: Remaking Spineworld   Remaking Spineworld I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 2:52 am

I just realised that there was a pink line all around the room in the download I provided. That's fixed now, and I've replaced the download link.

Also, I'm changing my plans a bit and am beginning work on multiplayer stuff. It might not be finished for quite some time, though.

UPDATE: Success! Multiplayer connections and servers seem to be working! So it looks like we'll have multiplayer a lot sooner than I expected (maybe even by the next update!). Now to convert all the graphics to multiplayer mode...
Back to top Go down
OwKae

OwKae

PostSubject: Re: Remaking Spineworld   Remaking Spineworld I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 10:29 am

when you can ...enter the chat I have an idea to help our work on getting the items and clothes from spineworld!
Back to top Go down
Trave

Trave

PostSubject: Re: Remaking Spineworld   Remaking Spineworld I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 11:00 am

I'm currently working on Cloud Plaza. Once I get it and the Sky Terrace done, I'll release Version 0.2
Back to top Go down
Sonia14

Sonia14

PostSubject: Re: Remaking Spineworld   Remaking Spineworld I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 12:34 pm

I've downloaded the first version of the game and this is amazing.
A few things might need improvement
  • While walking the character's legs don't move
  • When you enter Zorof's shop you can't leave once you're there
  • The character sitting on the bench with the green shirt doesn't appear. (Only his shirt and half his face)
  • When you walk behind the benches you can walk forward and appear to walk over them. (If that makes sense? Haha.)

Overall this is really great and kudos to you for making this happen!
Back to top Go down
Trave

Trave

PostSubject: Re: Remaking Spineworld   Remaking Spineworld I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 12:53 pm

Thanks for the feedback! Smile

All these bugs will be fixed by the next update.

• The walking animation hasn't been incorporated yet, but I'm working on it!

• This will probably be the first thing I'll fix.

• The character looks weird because I was erasing him. I haven't erased all of him yet though.

• This is basically the main problem right now. It's not hard to fix though.

I'm working on getting an embeddable version up and running, or at least an auto-updating one. Downloading each version manually is really annoying.

EDIT: Also, I'm in chat pretty much whenever I'm online. So if you want to talk that's where you'll find me. There's a link to the chat at the bottom of the first post.
Back to top Go down
Sonia14

Sonia14

PostSubject: Re: Remaking Spineworld   Remaking Spineworld I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 7:45 pm

You've managed to create a lot of the game so fast.
(Through my perspective of course. It all seems impossible to make through my eyes.) Razz
I was wondering about the whole embedded game idea too.
It'll definitely be much better if you manage to get that working rather than downloading each new version.
I'll make sure to try and catch you on the chat sometime!
Back to top Go down
Trave

Trave

PostSubject: Re: Remaking Spineworld   Remaking Spineworld I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 1:40 am

The main problem right now is that I didn't do much planning ahead of time. I want to do everything at once, which results in only a little bit of everything being completed. So either I need to make a complete plan of what I'm going to do now, next, after that, etc. or I need to focus on one general area of gameplay.

So right now I'll probably finish up the Cloud Plaza and then go ahead and fix all those bugs that Sonia posted. The walking animation will be super annoying/hard, but not impossible.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: The character's legs now move when he walks to the right or left!

Remaking Spineworld Step111Remaking Spineworld Step210Remaking Spineworld Step310Remaking Spineworld Step310

It was SUPER annoying to get all those from Migoland. Now, time to do all other 6 directions. It gets more complicated when you can actually see which leg is supposed to be moving. The side angles are the only easy ones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remaking Spineworld   Remaking Spineworld I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remaking Spineworld
Page 1 of 14Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next